Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I haven't updated in a while since we've had a lot going on. And not necessarily fun, exciting things worth sharing.

Bullet points for the home we are currently in contract with.
  • Passed inspection with flying colors. We were very excited and hopeful.
  • Failed the bank home appraisal.
    • We are in contract for $206,000
    • The bank appraises the house out at $174,000
    • The bank will never gives us a mortgage for a penny over what the home is actually worth.
    • We can't afford/ would never pay $30,000 MORE than the bank says the home is worth. That is plain stupid and we will not start out completely upside down.
    • Our realtor, Jessie, was submitting some more comps to the underwriter hoping to get the number up a little bit.
    • Upon research, it appears the current home owners took a morgage of $218,000 4  years ago. I'm betting they still owe a lot of money on the home and will NEVER want to sell it for $174,000 or anywhere else.
    • Banks lie. They say they will evaluate the new comps and get back to us by Monday, uhh Wednesday.... maybe tomorrow?
    • We have to pray for a (very unlikely) miracle that the sellers come down in price, and the bank comes up with the appraisal.
    • Very likely we will be at square one, house hunting and starting all over WITHOUT our dream home (and hoping to find a new dream).
I'm so over all of this. I want to say that I have faith and that I've been happily praying for a favorable outcome. But honestly, I just feel defeated. I have a strong feeling this home isn't going to work out. I want someone to give us an answer. One way or another I want an answer so we can MOVE ON.

I still love this home, I still picture us living in there, decorating it, celebrating holidays in it etc. I still pray there is a huge miracle and we can still buy this house. But I just want an answer. Yes its yours, you are closing on November 5. or Sorry, not going to work out- start all over again.

Ecclesiastes 7:14 "When life is good, enjoy it. But remember: God gives good times and hard times, and no one knows what tomorrow will bring."

No comments:

Post a Comment