Monday, November 12, 2012

Our New Home!!

Lot's of very exciting things taking place in the Genao family!

As you all already know, Andre and I made the big announcement a week ago that we are expecting our first blessing from God! We are so excited to experience the entire pregnancy week by week to see how much that tiny baby grows. I am 12 weeks and 2 days along today and our little miracle is the size of a plum! There are many changes happening to my body (some more enjoyable than others) but I wouldn't change it for the world. I love seeing my tiny belly grow, knowing that there is a baby growing big and fast in there.

It's been very hard to be away from my our families during this process, but we've kept very closely in touch so they can be a part of the whole 9 months with us. In just over a week we will be traveling up to New York to spend the Thanksgiving Holiday with our families; and BOY do we have a lot to be thankful for! I know Meema is dying to see that little tummy so she can tap tap her very first grandbaby. Titi Nina is having just as hard a time as I am being away from each other, but I know we will savor every second we have together in that short weekend we will be visiting.

In other great news, we are OFFICIALLY home owners and living in our house!

On Thursday our POD got delivered to the home from New York and was placed in our driveway. We spent Friday packing up everything from our temporary apartment and loading up the car. First thing Saturday morning, we drove over to our house. I was a little scared to see how that POD held up (I've never packed to move across country and had NO idea how well we did). Thank God, all of our belongings came out of the POD exactly how they went in there! Nothing was damaged or broken or shifted at all. What a relief!

Cousin Phil met us there at 10am and I watched (and took pictures) as he and Andre carried all the big, heavy furniture up the stairs. I made myself busy by making MANY trips with one tiny thing at a time since about a gozillion people warned me about heavy lifting. And trust me, I would NEVER do anything to my body if there was even a TINY chance I could hurt our precious little baby.

They got that POD unpacked really fast and Jeanette came over and tackled the kitchen with me. We unpacked every single kitchen box and put everything away. I can not believe how much we got done in such a short amount of time. We were practically done for lunch. (The 4 of us plowed down 30 awesome chicken wings!) Just as we finished eating, Uncle Phil and Aunt Marge came over to see our home, and we gladly gave them the grand tour.

After successfully putting our bed together, and unpacking sheets, we spent our first night in our home together. It felt GREAT to wake up Sunday morning in our home. I can't even begin to imagine how it will feel the day we bring home Mini Genao into this house. Our family is so blessed!

We made a big shopping spree at Target yesterday and bought lots of nick nacks for the house. It really is slowly coming together.

Tonight at 11pm I start my very first over night shift. We weren't sure the best way to transition, so I went to bed at normal time and woke up this morning at 6:30. We figure I should stay busy and moving all day to tire myself. Take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon to get refreshed so I can (hopefully) feel nice and energized tonight. Part of pregnancy is keeping your body clean of medicines and chemicals so the baby is not subjected to anything. Because of this- I have to make the transition to nights sans caffeine, or any sleep aids at all. Here's to hoping I (and the little one) adjust quickly!

I promise I will update with pictures soon. And to those we will see while we are in New York... I plan to take some great pics of the home and print them so we can show you.

Counting down to New York...10 days! I am so thankful. This Thanksgiving is going to mean more to me than any other has in the past.


Isaiah 32:18 ESV / 18 helpful votes

My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.

No comments:

Post a Comment