Monday, April 22, 2013

Coconut baby 35 Weeks!

We are officially less than two weeks to term! How is that even possible!?

Today we had our 35 week checkup and we are going every week from here until his birthday! She's checking up on my iron again to see if we've made any progress on that front, and we did the GBS swab today as well.  I'm really, really praying to be GBS negative, because I don't want to have to take any antibiotics during labor. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We've had lots of fun things happen. We took our maternity photos with our very talented photographer a week ago, Saturday.  I was exactly 34 weeks for the shoot. She had wanted to try taking some pictures in water, and I was a little weary about what kind of gators/snakes/fish etc I would be in the water with... but it wasn't bad at all. The sneak peek picture that she posted is beautiful and I can't wait to see all the rest of the photos! (Man, I didn't realize how big my belly really was until I saw that picture too- so crazy)



The day after that, last Sunday, my mother in law, aunt in law and a family friend came to visit with us. It was a very short but sweet stay. I miss them all and are glad they finally got to see our house! They are also insanely generous and gave me birthday presents, and gave Gavin lots of goodies!

 
 
This passed weekend, Andre went to New Orleans to celebrate the bachelor party for John. I really hate having him gone, but I had a great time with my neighbors and cousins. I was also very productive and got the car seat in the car and ALL of the cloth diapers prepped and ready to go!

 
 
 
With the help of Velcro Command strips, I finally got Serena's beautiful letters hung on Gavin's wall.

That's it for now. Let's do our survey update :)

How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight  I'm holding steady at 147lbs. I thought that pepperoni and cheese I keep snacking on would have made that go up a little, but I'll take it!
Maternity clothes? Absolutely!
Stretch marks? Thank God, no!
Sleep: Ughhh sleep. Well- I get up to pee at least 3 times (sometimes 5-6), and I just don't sleep well in general.
Best moment this week: Maternity photos, getting the car seat in the car and diapers washed... All three things together means we are SUPER close to meeting this karate kid!
Miss Anything?  My body.
Movement: Our karate kid never stops! Saturday was a real crazy day for him, but he is always on the go! 
Food cravings: Nope  
Anything making you queasy or sick: No :)
Gender: I KNEW he was a boy!!! Gavin Luis Genao!
Labor Signs: I do get occasional Braxton hicks and rarely a little bit of downward pressure. I think changes are starting! Lets get ready for labor now!
Symptoms: Braxton hicks, a little bit of downward pressure, occasional heartburn etc
Belly Button in or out? It's definitely on its way out.
Wedding rings on or off? On and off, on and off... For some reason my wedding band fits better than my engagement ring these days- so if I can get it on, I just wear the wedding band alone. I can't sleep with rings on any longer though.
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy!!
Looking forward to: Maternity leave lol 19 work days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment