Thursday, May 2, 2013

36 weeks 6 days

On Saturday our very precious bundle of joy will be 37 weeks (aka term!). This means legally Labor of Love can deliver him at any point in the next 5 weeks. There are lots of bets going on about what day he will be born. As much as I joke about evicting him, I do know that the longer he is on there, the better. Please keep reminding me of this when I'm suffering from horrible contractions. Lol

We have had a bit of an eventful week. Starting Monday night around 5pm until about 8:30am Tuesday morning I had very painful and sporadic contractions. When I told midwife Michelle about this at my appointment on Wednesday morning she said "oh yay!!" I know my body is doing what it needs to prepare but I don't think I would say yay.

After a great check up with her (iron and vitamin D are up and I'm GBS negative) I gave us all a bit of a fright when I fell down some stairs onto the tile floor that same evening. We were laying on the couch upstairs watching Idol when I thought I'd go down to the kitchen to take my iron and get ready for bed. I'm not sure if it was too dark or I was just exhausted, but I missed that last step. I fell really hard on my knee/foot right on the tile floor. Andre came running and we thought the impact may have broken my water. Needless to say I was scared to death that I hurt Gavin. My knee and foot are pretty banged up but I just wanted to know he was ok. The midwife said my cervix is closed, waters are in tact and his heartbeat was perfect. Thank God! I will definitely need some time to recover from that whole ordeal though. Yikes!

Anyway. Gavin's bag is packed and as long as I'm not in too much pain I'll try to get mine packed in the coming days. Then he can make his appearance whenever he is ready!

Here is our survey

How far along? 37 weeks!!
Total weight  I'm up to 148 making the grand total 23 pounds. 
Maternity clothes? Absolutely!
Stretch marks? One thing I managed to escape 
Sleep: after the fall last night I didn't sleep a wink. Otherwise same old 
Best moment this week: My birthday with Andre! We went to hibachi and it was soooo delicious!
Miss Anything?  My body. I miss having complete control of my body. 
Movement: thank God for his constant moving or I would have been a complete wreck afte that fall. Feeling him move was keeping me slightly more sane. 
Food cravings: Nope  
Anything making you queasy or sick: I keep forgetting that bananas are very acidic and they keep giving me heartburn. 
Gender: I KNEW he was a boy!!! Gavin Luis Genao!
Labor Signs: lots of contractions but nothing "real" just yet. 
Symptoms: Heartburn and contractions. Not to mention the exhaustion...
Belly Button in or out? It's definitely on its way out.
Wedding rings on or off? Off :( I haven't been able to get them on for a week or so now. Hands are definitely swollen. 
Happy or Moody most of the time:happy!!
Most looking forward to: meeting this precious angel! Any time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment